Cape Breton – Canso Youth Council
To apply for youth council click here.
The age range eligibility to apply is 16 to 24 and you must be 16 years of age by September 30th, 2017. If you have questions, please contact Kris Kolanko at 902-842-9403. Remember to ‘like’ the CYC Facebook page to stay connected to CYCs across the country! https://www.facebook.com/cyc2017cjc/
This year, you have the opportunity to apply to the following positions, keeping in mind that these positions require an additional 3 hour commitment every week.
• Coordinate with MP office to help manage social media
• Help write emails, notes, and social media messaging
• Create creative ways to promote the projects of the year
• Organize meetings
• Take minutes during meetings
• Create required documents (ex. Google doc, excel sheets) and track progress
• Organize and facilitate a project throughout the year
• Coordinate all teams to achieve the council’s goal
• Ensure deadlines and goals are achieved
• Help research topics and issues of interest and report on these issues to the council
• Find local stakeholders depending on the projects chosen by the CYC
Council Member at Large (recommended for first year council members)
• Provide a perspective to both the Member of Parliament as well as the Council
• Help the council maintain relationships with the community
• Help develop the community projects
© 2018 Rodger Cuzner. All rights reserved.